Tuesday, June 29, 2010

I consumed the breath of truth in silence, 
exhaled in solemn surrender that the pain might sustain the passions, 
intrigued by exaltation, 

I surrendered my lips to the sweet aroma of love before I knew love, 
I was alone After biting the bitter fruit, 
I comprehended my aloneness, 
The sweet juices burnt my lips, 

embittering my tongue memories grew dimmer in the presence of the present. 
as I wandered blind into the sacred abyss of my love's waters, 
I realized, 

like a seed sewn in the wind, 
love must be chaste, 
solemnly tended, 
less its innocence be squandered, 
In ignorance, 

I waded as the waters rushed, 
thrashed as the pond grew serene. 
Love confided in me, myself, 
I confided in love, nothing, 
In search for my soul, 

I sought harmony with bedlam 
In submission to my love, 
I found chaos conquered.

No comments: