Friday, December 3, 2010

Bullshitter's Fate.

I walk into the bar,
not a blemish upon my mask.
I'm everything I've ever dreamed
with each overturned emptied glass.
a secret prince,
an astronaut,
a street cop feeling the blues.
see, just this morning my partner was shot.
I just gave his wife the news.
so excuse me miss
if I drink too much,
I just don't wanna be left alone.
all I need is 20 dollars of weed
and a soft shoulder to cry on!

from bar to bar,
I flip my mask,
a saint,
a sinner,
but with a troubling past.
you're the first to see my face, my friend.
I swear, the only one I've ever told.
so with my cards layed out,
I'm going all in--
time to check or fold!

night to night,
I flip my mask
of 9000 lives and 9000 pasts.
the names, the faces
they start to see.
and my magic mask is becoming me.
an astronaut cop,
a sinful saint,
I lost a bet,
or that's just not my name.
it was fun,
but now I'm the mask they hate.
I suppose this is just
The Bullshitter's Fate.

No comments: